In this section we have a few photo memories from previous events for those of you who are interested in getting a flavour of what might be on offer….
- Hecate Rising (Short Film)
- Homeric Hymn to Demeter read by Emily Carding
- 2012 Hekate Symposium (Glastonbury)
- 2013 Hekate Symposium (Glastonbury)
- 2014 Hekate Symposium (Glastonbury)
- 2018 Hekate Symposium (Glastonbury)
“The earliest known literary reference to Hekate is found in the cosmological Theogony of Hesiod dating to the eight century BCE. It is widely believed that Hekate’s origins are outside of the Greek pantheon, and for us to gain a greater understanding of Hekate we need to consider where she may have originally come from. To fully explore this subject would require a volume of its own. The overview that follows will help expand your appreciation and perception of this extraordinary goddess. All of these possibilities suggest she migrated or expanded her worship from cultures in proximity to Dark Age Greece.” – (Sorita d’Este, www.sorita.co.uk)